Health Promotion Approach
Healthy Nation = Healthy Mothers + Healthy Children
To promote the self-management of health among communities and reduce the healthcare cost, we need to strengthen our existing health information distribution method and system. Every person has right to know about own health and should able to take the correct decision. We have to empower women, men, families and communities to gain control over maternal and newborn health and related potential problems. We need to increase the access and utilization of quality health services, particularly provided by the skilled attendants. Through this project, Oratechsolve Inc is collaborating with Communities, Universities, Healthcare Centres, Non Government Organizations, Philanthropy Institutions, Private Sectors and Subject Matter Experts from various fields to facilitate positive, sustainable, healthy behaviour change in the society.
The five key actions areas in Health Promotion are:
- Build healthy public policy: Need for policies to "hold things together"
- Create supportive environments for health: Strengthen linkages for social support between women, men, families and communities and with the health care delivery system
- Strengthen community action for health: Increase awareness of the rights, needs and potential problems related to maternal and newborn health
- Develop personal skills: Improve quality of care and of health services and of their interactions with women, men, families and communities.
- Re-orient health services: Develop capacities to stay healthy, make healthy decisions and respond to obstetric and neonatal emergencies.
The three basic strategies to promote health among women, families and communities are:
- Enable: Create a climate in favour of public participation to improve their own health.
- Mediate: All policies which have a direct bearing on health need to be coordinated.
- Advocate: Provide more responsibility to community based services for health promotion and disease prevention.